Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Party Fun

I have never been a huge fan of the "friends" birthday party. I love birthdays, I love to make a big deal of them, but I love to keep them to family. So the kids only get to have a friend party on my designated "big" birthdays. To date, the big birthdays have been 5-years old, 8-years old, and 12-years old. Of course the twins just turned 12, so it was party time.

We did have to postpone the party until after football season, but last Friday was the big night. We kept it small--just 3 friends came, but it was one of the most fun evenings we have had in a long time.

The boys' friend, Josh, just came home from school with them, so they all practiced their instruments together--by choice. They are all band geeks at heart.

(Greg-Clarinet, Josh-Trumpet, Chris-Trumpet)

After the other two boys came, we had pizza and ice cream and presents. One boy brought his Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii for us to play. How fun! I highly recommend it. In fact, we hope Santa brings it to our family this year. We all took turned playing the guitars and the drums and singing. And then we played Wii Sports and Mario Kart.
(Chris on Drums)
(Paul on vocals, Chris and Alec on guitar, Ben and Josh watching)

One of the gifts was a Nerf gun set for two. And Josh had thoughtfully packed three more guns and darts, so all the boys had one. I had no idea that our house was the perfect setup for all-out Nerf Assault. We have several loops in the house and a pass-through window in the kitchen. We had already cleared out the living room for maximum Wii room, so it was on--Nerf style. Probably the most fun part of the evening.
(Greg in full Nerf getup)

It was a great evening. I wasn't even sad that I had to miss scrapbook night for it. I was having too much fun at home.














2 comments:

Laurie said...

Yes! You posted! I love the picture of them practicing! It is the best!

We keep trying to tell our boys how fun rock band is, they keep telling us they are too young for it! We want it and they do not. Go figure.

Happy birthday boys! I am glad you had so much fun!

Hmachine said...

sounds like a party!!! Seeing pictures of your house totally makes me have flashback of being LARGELY pregnant, eating dinner with you and thinking, I bet these people think we are crazy because we are borrowing gallons of water to flush our toilets!!! :) WE miss you.