Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, what a week!

No pictures today, but just a quick update in our world.

During the past week, Chris and Greg had their 6th grade choir concert, 6th grade band concert, first youth temple trip, a broken hand (Greg), and the stomach flu (Chris). This week they have voice recital and semester tests. When did 6th grade get so busy?

Greg broke a bone in his hand doing bear crawls in pre-athletics (PE). He just landed on his hand funny. We were lucky. The break was not displaced at all and the orthopedic surgeon only splinted his hand and buddy taped his two middle fingers. He gets re-x-rayed in 3 weeks. He even had permission to take off the splint for the band concert. He's been reduced to playing the piano one-handed and even with that limitation I can't keep the kid off the piano.

Chris's stomach flu hit Saturday night and he was better by mid-afternoon Sunday. So review for their first semester tests wasn't affected.

Alex and Katie are trucking along. Spending most of their evenings at the twins' events. Their time will come...

We are all ready for Christmas break. We'll be in Pampa through Christmas and then we head to Grapevine for the weekend for my cousin's wedding. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Bummer about the hand. How many hours did you invest in the ER that day?

Tamster said...

Oh, my goodness! I hadn't heard about all that! His poor hand! What instrument does he play in band that he was able to do with a broken hand? Ouch!

I'm glad Chris is feeling better. :-)

Kara said...

I had no idea you had a blog until I saw your comment on Connie's blog. Now I'll have to check in every once in awhil. Hope everyone recovers soon:)