Friday, August 1, 2008

Where did July go??

July was a very busy, very fun month for us. Lots of Cub Scouts, lots of travel.

During the end of June through the beginning of July, I was the program director for both of our district's Cub Scout camps. One was a twilight camp with around 35 scouts and the other was a day camp with around 70 scouts and siblings. (I know these seem puny to you big city folk, but big enough for me!) Rain was a bit of a problem during the day camp, but otherwise both camps went relatively well. Both camps met a series of 50+ standards to be nationally accredited by the BSA. Pretty big deal, so Roper (camp director) and I were happy--but I really think that we were happy that it was the last day of camp...



Vacation fun to follow in another post.

No comments: